RATES AND CONDITIONS
For Musician led bookings. As at July 2023
For concerts, Church Street re-purpose it's lounge and photographic studio to create a bespoke, intimate performance venue specifically to support live music in Sydney's inner city. The space has a casual "deep listening concert vibe". It does not have a bar or liquor licence but there are a few pubs nearby. Click here to watch a reel of our 2022 concert season to get an idea of the vibe.
Below are some conditions we’ve put in place to minimize the impact on the permanent occupants of the building, our neighbours and also to keep our fees for musician led bookings low. Thank you for your understanding.
1. Concert bookings accepted only for Friday nights and weekend days and nights.
2. Photo & Video shoots can take place anytime. Noise limitations apply during weekdays.
3. Concerts must end by 10pm with packdown and building exit complete by 11pm.
4. Fri night bookings cannot soundcheck before 6:30pm. Bump in can begin at 5pm.
5. No performances over 90db. Church Street is an intimate, “acoustic” style of venue. Minimal amplification is available for balancing only.
6. Advertised start times for evenings are commonly “Doors open 7.00pm for an 7.30pm start”.
1. The room hire for concerts (put on by musicians) is $250 for “½ day”. (This will be $300 for 2024 bookings)
2. The photostage hire for video and photo shoots is $400 for ½ day.
3. A ½ day is considered to be 10am - 4pm or 4pm - 10pm
4. Room hire for concerts includes one Church Street person. All other roles need to be provided for by the organizers if needed. (Ticket sales person, Merch & Beverage sales, stage managing, sound person).
5. See our hire page for up-to-date equipment inclusions.
6. Corporate functions, listening sessions, parties, etc... are charged on a case by case basis as impact on the day to day operation of the Studios and it's tenants needs to be considered.
7. Additional cleaning fees may be applicable and any breakages must be paid for.
1. Organizers retain 100% of ticket / door takings and any merch and/or snacks, soft drinks.
2. Organizers create and drive all promotion and socials.
3. Where appropriate Church Street Studio will add upcoming concerts to its website Gig Page https://www.churchstreetstudios.com.au/gigs , it's emailed newsletter and socials.
4. www.humantix.com.au is the suggested ticketing platform.
5. Ticket pricing is up to the organizer.
6. Maximum ticket sales / venue capacity is 60 people.
7. Church Street can provide use of its Square Card reader for door sales but organizers should create their own account here for use on their own phone.
8. Please refer to our full name in promotional material "Church Street Studios" (Not a hyphenated "St") and link to our socials accurately.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
1. Standard musician led concert bookings do not include use of the kitchen nor can food be served.
2. A complimentary water station can be setup. (Paper cups need to be provided by the booker)
3. We are an unlicensed venue. No alcohol can be sold on the premises.
4. BYO is permitted in some circumstances but we prefer an emphasis on a "concert atmosphere" rather than it being a drinking social occasion.
6. Photo and video shoots include kitchen and lounge use.
PARKING AND TRANSPORT OPTIONS
1. There are 8 off-street car spots available nights and weekends. Church Street tenants have priority but generally there are a few spots available for musicians, caterers etc… Entrance to the car park is via Briggs St.
2. There are 2 public car parking stations within walking distance and the nearest train station is Newtown which is a 15 min walk away. All transport details are on our "find us" page and should be shared with audiences and invitees. https://www.churchstreetstudios.com.au/findus
3. There is some unrestricted evening street parking in the streets nearby.
4. Weekday use of our off-street parking can be arranged for photographers etc.. if available.
1. There is currently no disability access to the venue which is up one floor (22 steps).
2. The stairs are very wide (1.5m), and have handrails on both sides.
3. With enough notice and subject to availability, a livestream of our gigs can be broadcast into a recording studio downstairs which have level access.
1. Church Street Studios have a number of tenants that can offer studio quality recordings of your live gig. More info HERE.
2. We also offer a simple zoom style recording with a quality pair of permanently installed overhead mics for a small fee.
3. Please don't engage recording services from a non-Church Street provider without discussing with us first.
1. An acknowledgement of Country should be delivered as part of a welcome to the concert and studio space. This is usually given by Guy Gross (from the pulpit) but can be delivered by the concert organizers if preferred.
2. A reminder to leave the premises quietly to respect the neighborhood should be given at the conclusion of evening concerts.